Friday, January 30, 2009

Project 365 backlog - day 023/365
New York State Of Mind



Six days in New York City is far too little when one has to
- show ones friend around town
- take advantage of the cheap US Dollar
- spend time with various friends and loved ones from four states
- spend HOURS oozing through my slice of Heaven, a.k.a. B&H Photo Video =D
- Wine and dine like the best of them!

I only truly had my camera out one day. My fingers nearly stuck to the shutter, that is how cold it was. I may be born and bred in Denmark but there are NO viking genes in me whatsoever.


This was shot super early while en route to see my acupuncturer in Chinatown.









and just because I had way too much time playing around with PhotoShop tonight:








Later that day I took my friend Maja to greet Lady Liberty from the Staten Island Ferry. Would have LOVED to go on a proper tour including Ellis Island, but our schedule was tight as we were meeting friends for dinner at Buddakan. HIGHLY recommended by the way.

These are my favorite images:








(did you notice the plane in the background?)














Please leave a comment :)

Have a GREAT weekend!

XOXO

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Truly spectacular!!

Princess Loretta said...

I noticed the plane and though "wow, cool, she got a plane in the pic" then scrolled down and saw that you had asked if we noticed the plane. LOL!

Cherie said...

breathtaking and beautiful!

cookiebees said...

I really love your NYC point of view!

M.Angelo said...

Looks like we're both cheating on MySpace (though I only cheated once)

Were you waiting for a plane, or did you just notice afterwards?

Anonymous said...

Awesome
Actually prefer the color china town one, that's rare from me, the B&W lover!
~MM~
P.S. Not hiding can't remember log in info.... MUAH!

Anonymous said...

Back from a conference and catching up...what great pics!

Jen K said...

You make ME want to be a photographer...I love your ability to capture things in such a unique way! Great photos & I did see the plane & thought how it made the shot even more interesting!!

Peabody said...

You are making it hard for me to ignore my camera... Like I don't have other things I am supposed to be doing.

I guess that would include coming here.. but I have to do a few 'recreational' activities. And this is quicker than taking and processing pictures....

Speaking of other things... I'm late and need to leave

Oh, but the Chinatown image is great!

ByAnitaLarsen said...

Thanks everyone!

I had just about finished shooting Lady Liberty and were moving on to seaguls that followed the ferry when I noticed the plane , aimed, and pressed the shutter. Sometimes you have a lucky moment, this was definitely one of them.

I will be spending a lot more time in Chinatown for sure. I am fascinated by the colors, busy people, dialects, faces...

I usually shoot solo or in the company of other photographers as I do not wish to bore friends and loved ones silly. One of these days I'll bring a beach chair and spend a couple of hours capturing the hustle and bustle.

And M? You SO should have been there :)