Sunday, February 1, 2009

Project 365 backlog - day 024/365
Eskimo Kisses and a Cat



As previously explained I did not have much time to shoot while traveling. I opted to spend time with friends and loved ones, to enjoy one of my favorite cities unframed.


Saturday Cherie and the amazingly magical D Master Duke (for real, ha ha) came from out of state to spend the day. We had originally planned for a trip to Central Park Zoo but forgot to take into account how early they close. Instead we goofed around FAO Schwartz (gotta love a place where the uniformed doorman tells you to "Come in and play!") I wonder if we made them think twice about THAT greeting =D


The lighting in there is horrible for photography and I refused to shoot with flash sooo... this is the only pic I actually like.















Earlier that day Cherie, D, and I came across the Mobile Adoption Program - an animal shelter tour bus! Born curious I simply HAD to visit and immediately lost my heart to this 7-year-old cutie:















I am telling you, had I lived in the US Lucky The Cat would have been mine right then and there! She is absolutely adorable, a real Lady. Please please pleeeeease someone adopt her!!! It breaks my heart to know she does not have a proper home.


Here is a pic of D and Lucky (the kid is BOUNCY and hard to capture on camera... But I love him)











For further information on how to adopt Lucky (or make a donation like I did) please check out the Animal Haven website.


xoxo



4 comments:

Cherie said...

Love, love, love this pic of Maja.

I will always remember that bus with you and D! She is a beauty, that gorgeous girl!

As is my "you can call me Duke" boy!

love you, xoxox

Jen K said...

I'm so glad that you made some wonderful memories! I look forward to the day where I'm in one of your pics...and my family too...and it WILL happen one day, I'm sure of it!

Love the Eskimo kisses pic!

Peabody said...

You make it sound like there's a problem with mobile homes... Cat needing a proper home just because he lives in a mobile home. Ok,so it's a remod tour bus. =]

I agree with your flash philosophy. Unless you have the whole multiple-defuser setup you will get flash shadows. And who wants those! Cameras these days (not to mention PS) can adjust to so many different lighting conditions.

BTW.. do you shoot in RAW?

ByAnitaLarsen said...

I had the best time Cherie - and you were absolutely right; I DID fall head over heels for your precious D!

Jen: that makes two of us. I believe meeting is way overdue and predict I will not be able to put the camera down while in the vicinity of you and your precious family!

Peabody: I always shoot in RAW when possible (i.e. SLR). Still that did not make up for extreme high ceilings with indirect (and sparse I might add) lighting. The 50mm f/2.8 might have been able to pull more shots off however I had a bouncy kid on my hands, and frankly, enjoying him was a lot more fun that enter "photographer mode" =D