Friday, February 13, 2009

Project 365 backlog - day36 and 42
Winter Wonderland


I am getting a little tired of snow. Although pretty it is also cold and slippery, which are not on my list of favorite things. And to think, I used to compete at figure skating! =D Ah, the irony.

I am enjoying the view from my house, as usual. Feel entirely blessed to have so much natural beauty before me but must admit I look forward to spring when the red squirrels come out to play, and the days are longer. Currently the sun is gone around 5 PM.

The following images were captured around my neighborhood within a week.













Finally, you non-texture believers may as well cover your eyes because once again I have been having way too much fun fiddling around with one of my self-portraits.

This one has a tribal feel to the background







And this one makes me green with... Youth =D







I hope you have a wonderful Valentine's weekend.

If you are fortunate to have a special someone in your life, be sure to let him/her know how much they mean to you.

xoxo

3 comments:

Princess Loretta said...

We had a mid-winter thaw here with temps hitting 50 on Wednesday. It was a nice break but alas snow is in the forecast for the coming week. The days are getting longer though.

Have a great weekend Anita.

Peabody said...

I wish there were more opportunities for pictures of snow here. We did have some snow, but I didn't manage to get the camera out...

Lovely pictures, Anita

Anonymous said...

That first photo is awesome, so much detail of things that we don't see here....

I think you are special. =)

~MM~