Sunday, January 11, 2009

Project 365 - day 11
Pink Sky



In my less than two weeks of living at the new old house I have mentioned about a billion times how much I love being able to lay in bed while watching the sun rise and set. In the morning I catch the reflection in the winter room window, and at night it sets east of the lake, setting the sky on fire.

Today it was especially fabulous, all pinks and purple and reds.

According to MadSci pink sunsets are rare because purple light has a shorter wavelength than red, and thus scatters easier.

Well, enough geek speak - hope you will enjoy the sunset with me.














xoxo

4 comments:

Cherie said...

and to think.. i was right there with you when you took it! :D this is so peaceful and lovely!

Peabody said...

Sunsets

To think not everyone gets to see such special sights as great sunsets.

Sad for them...

ByAnitaLarsen said...

@ Cherie: Thanks for letting me step away from IM for a sec so I could share this :)

@ Peabosy: I agree. They are some of my favorite sights :)

Princess Loretta said...

Gorgeous.