Saturday, January 17, 2009

Project 365 - day 17
The Simple Life



Over the past years I find myself living more and more simple, taking pleasure in little things.

While living downtown Copenhagen I was within a block of two major parks, the Botanical Garden, and lakes full of swans and herons. I thought I had it all yet now I find myself constantly amazed how much I missed being surrounded by "real" unsculptured nature.

Tonight as the sun set I hung a ball of bird feed on one of the old crooked apple trees in my back yard. Immidiately birds in the neighboring trees started to chirp as to say "Thank You". It made me smile.

I brought my camera along en route to the grocery store this afternoon. Our vehicle taxes being out the roof many people commute by bus, train, Metro, or on good oldfashioned bicycles. Mine is a blue 10-speed I hope to get back on by summer.

This caught my eye.










As I was having a hard time picking an image from todays batch I am throwing in a few more for good measure.














Have a wonderful weekend!

xoxo

6 comments:

Princess Loretta said...

I will not soon forget the hundreds and hundreds of bikes at the train station when I went to meet you for lunch. It was quite a spectacle for this gas-guzzling car-driving American.

Cherie said...

gorgeous!

Peabody said...

The phrase I've heard and come to understand better in time is:

'There is all in small'

I had heard about how science is finding the smaller the item - atom to protons and neutrons to photons - the greater the energy they contain.
Shortly thereafter I was able to confirmed this in a conversation with a nuclear scientist. (He stated the same could be applied to weight also. The lighter an element the greater the energy - plutonium vs hydrogen, for example. But that is another story, for another time)

The grand view is nothing more than a mosaic of the small images which are greater than the whole. The detailed view is only seen by those willing to observe the 'all' in the small.

Peabody said...

PS..

Great pictures.
(as always)

PopLikeWhoa! said...

OMG, these are SO awesome!

And what a great blog! I'm totally bookmarking it!

ByAnitaLarsen said...

Thanks Nikola! And welcome :)