Thursday, January 29, 2009

Project 365 Backlog - day 20
Art and Ice



I have not been shooting all that much this past week. As some of you know my friend Maja and I just returned from New York City where our schedule was jam-packed, leaving little time to play with my cameras. Plural. I'll get back to that in a day or two =P

This was shot upside down while in transit at Brussels Airport. If only someone had bothered to polish this artwork it would have made a perfect pic =D












En route to JFK we passed the tip of Greenland. Magnificent sight! Soooo dramatic - I am seriously considering heading up there a couple of days (I am no fan of cold weather though).


















As you can tell I am in a black & white phase these days - please bare with me.

More to follow over the next days. Hope you all had as great a week as I. Please take a minute to fill me in on what you have been up to?




xoxo

7 comments:

Peabody said...

Black and white is fine with me. It works fine with the artwork to be in the stark of B/W and not polished.

ByAnitaLarsen said...

Thanks Peabody. I was just telling Jeff how it is easy to attract people to a photograph by shooting pretty colors. With black & white it is what it is, the image has to speak for itself.

Jen K said...

I've been in that Brussels airport!! :) I love the b & w - it's my favorite!!

Anonymous said...

Great shots, I love B&W.
I hope NY was fun, I can't wait to hear about it.

Cherie said...

black and white is my favorite too. :D i miss you and maja and bern .. and nyc.

tough week, glad it's friday!

ByAnitaLarsen said...

Jen: SO close yet so far?!? Aww shoot. Meeting you is WAY overdue!

Michelle (whom likes to hide): It was a blast - hopefully you will make it on the next trip?
I'll try to call this weekend.

Cherie: Thank you SO MUCH for coming down! I so adored every second spent with you and Master D :) Remake. Soon. Maybe we can make a trip down from NH when I get there? We do still owe D a trip to Central Park Zoo!

Princess Loretta said...

I loev all your pics and I feel like I am just repeating myself each time I comment on your work. Needless to day then that these are great shots.

I've been busy at work with Billy's spot not being replaced I find myself no runnign RPI with 77 days until the big event and $115,000 in income resting on my shoulders. That doesn't include the 3 other events on my plate for June.

I'm in pretty good spirits despite some drama at work and I'm super psyched about my healthy eating and exercise.

Glad you had a good time on your (way too short) trip. Hopefully we can catch up next time.