Sunday, May 31, 2009

Carnival in Copenhagen

~* ~
Yesterday I grabbed my camera to document the annual Copenhagen Carnival.


Starting at 11 AM the Parade moved down Strøget to City Hall. And boy did it move slooooow :)


The streets were packed and getting in good shots were not always easy. But oh was it ever worth while - I was quite impressed this year.


Now, if anyone would like to sponsor a trip for me to shoot Carnival in Venice, Italy - or in Rio de Janeiro - Ooooh or Burning Man (!!!) I shall be happy to go =D


These are my favorite shots. Hope you'll enjoy (I know Joe will =P )
























Rhytm Is Gonna Get Them



































Pretty In Pink







Gorgeous Girls






















BOOYA!!!










Have a fabulous day!

4 comments:

-slj (Steve) said...

It's me dropping by!

Love the Carneval pics and the Vintage ones, too. Lot's of color and smiles in the carneval pics.

Uh..er..there's a soap box derby festival in my village. Might last three hours, tops. If you want to photograph that...(sheepish grin)

cookiebees said...

Very colorful photos!

Anonymous said...

You are so amazing! Love these, especially the girl w the fan..

+elizabeth+

Joey Bowman said...

Looks like a fun event! Great series of photos Anita and good job capturing the essence of the day.